Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Likeness

As a person our thoughts flows its own way. And we make our own sketch of every story we had in our mind and we also decide what should be end of that story. Isn’t it different? No, it’s same with everyone. We humans are just made like this only, we get attracted to a person whom we don’t know, and in extreme cases we get fall in love with a person whom we have had never seen and it flows its own way and in its own easy way.

Now I am in a state of mind that makes me to build wall around yourself, and on every face of that wall I imagine a different story for only you and me. I am trying my best to shy away from it but the perseverance of a stubborn flame gnawing at the darkness it keeps give you those burns every now and then.

Today in the morning at the office I saw a girl who looked just like you. Even though I have never seen you but I can say that you are part of my every imagination. She sat behind a cubicle and I stood their waiting for almost half an hour just to get another glimpse of her. It didn't matter if my feet grew roots there, I was ready to be there till eternity. Almost pleading for her to stand up again and show me her face, my eyes drew wild curves over that cubicle.

As patience drew swords against me, I walked up to another cubicle next to it where my friend sat and hiding myself behind a conversation I looked at her. I had to be shameless but then...She was not you but that vague likeness was enough for me to put me off the work for the rest of the day. But I wasn't bothered for long. Just the likeness, a reflection of your face on someone else's made me think of you more than ever; she was the stranger I felt I knew all the time. As I alighted the stairs your name kept bothering me. And so childishly with every step I climbed down it made its appearance in my mind. I don't remember if it was really a sound that echoed or it was the sight of your name being scribbled again and again in thin air inside my mind but it was something that almost drew me to fear. Not your fault. And believe me, not mine either.

I missed you today a lot more than the other "everyday"s.

Take care.


No comments:

Post a Comment