Sunday, February 1, 2009

Substitute!!


After you left me, I felt so alone and confused
Then I took out part of my heart –

The part where you used to fit in so completely before,
(You had to fit - you see, I built the nest around you.)

I dissected it into bits and pieces -
Creating a jigsaw puzzle for me to play with.

Each day since then every night
I set out with one part in hand,
Trying to find things to substitute that piece in the puzzle.

I became quite a frustrated by the time I gave up,
And I know the pieces for which there is no substitute.

Some parts of you will still remain in the puzzle,
Glittering bits of a whole that once was a heart.

Are you doing the same somewhere near or far?
If so, I hope you find substitutes hard to come by.

!!Shank!!

2 comments:

  1. Lines with very deep meaning....but only a broken heart can understand..

    ReplyDelete