Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Year Of Learnings : 2008 & The Year Of Change : 2009

Well I know I am little late to wish you all happy new year but it’s always better to be late then never. Yes, happy new year to all of you. And I am catching this opportunity to thanks everyone my family, my friends, my colleagues, my enemies, my critics, my 3 jiju’s and of course one of my special friend. Thanks to every one and I pray for all of them from bottom of my heart.

My mobile inbox got flooded with sms’s wishing me Happy New Year and scanning to all messages I found one very interesting and it was showing realm of year 2008 indeed. It was something like that, “The year has gone, but made us strong, The path was long, but we walked with song, There were fears and tears, but we had a reason for cheer, wish you happy new year”. I can’t stop smiling my self when I read this sms.

Yes it was so long year, it was so difficult year, it was so hard year, it was so frustrating year but its got ended with hope of New Year will be better, more cheerful, more successful, more healthy and peaceful for everyone.

One more calendar year added to history. 2008 will be remembered as the year of learning’s in my blog of history. While most may remember it for the Economic downturn that saw millions of dreams downsized, I am sure that in the future it will be remembered as a year of chaotic destruction only so that a New World order is established.

Yes indeed, 2008 a year of learning for me, I have started 2008 year with high hopes, high dreams, higher expectation, yes it gave me something but it was frustrating, it was full of setbacks, it was full of negative surprises. In short I have one analogy, “No one had imagined on 31st dec 2007 that 31st dec 2008 will be like this and no one can imagine on 31st dec 2008 that 31st dec 2007 will come again”. We had managed to carry forward good lead from 2007 to 2008 but things are looking thinner, cloudy and dark for 2009. But now I don’t have any regrets for 2008 because it had taught me so much in my early age of life which was priceless and I will be benefited from this learning’s in my coming part of life. Thanks again to 2008.

Let me start with the hopes I have carry forwarded to 2008. Well I am not exception here but everyone had some hopes from financial market and I was just other common person. Yes I was hit with the downfall but not that much badly. Thanks God.


My CAT and CET score was also hit by downfall and one more year I had lost for fulfilling my dream to go B school. Something which even I don’t want to remember, life moves on and it doesn’t wait for anyone was my feedback from that something.

I learned how it’s difficult to get into 2 BHK flat for middle class family in Mumbai from ordinary house. It was my life time experience to get financing done and I will never forget that. It was full of frustration, tension, difficulties but life is not smooth road like our national highway but it’s like bumpy ride, you never know where and how turn will come and you again back to square one. But this experience taught me how people perception change with assets. How your relations change and how your views change. But it also made some relations stronger than before. Thanks to My 3 jiju, with their courage and support I have learned so much important lessons of life. Thanks to them again. I likes to thanks my brother and parents, specially my mom to believe me and trust me that I can do it. And I am promising them that I will do it again in my life just believe me and trust me.

Meanwhile something was keep on changing was my office work, I don’t know why I was there watching monkey’s play, why I was taking all the things coming on my way which I never liked it, why I was so dumb fold doing almost nothing, not adding any values to myself, why I was struggling for defining destiny for me, why I was not coming out from my comfort zone, why I was not changing my orbit? Why? Its not that I didn’t tried but something was not going my way or I need to change my self? This question I needed to answer in 2009.

Well year 2008 where I got many new friends and someone special friend but it was emotional year for me. It has taught me emotional lessons which were tough but I did manage that. Thanks to my special friend. Well I need to thanks 2008 for giving me special friend, yes it was little late but it was better then never. Last six months in 2008 was wonderful experience, nice sharing, well understanding, trust, possessiveness with special friend. But it is same year which has given me emotional setbacks; I hope you will understand what I want to write here.

Here is my caption line “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending” so here is year, year of change: 2009. Welcome 2009

I feel year 2009 has been setup nicely to be the year of CHANGE and I am not just taking of Barack Obama. Personally for each one of us this will be a year of major changes. 2008 for most of us has been a year of learning’s though these learning’s would have varied from person to person.

2009 will be a year of change, a year when we will face new challenges, new perspectives, new capabilities and new limitations. Someone like Shankar will begin a new chapter in his life with moving more towards a destiny which defined by him while continuing his experience with "someone special friend". I hope that friend know the real value and real emotions this year. I hope that friend says me those magic words which I am waiting to hear from 2008. I hope!!

Some dreams are gonna get bigger! Some expectation are gonna get bigger! Now this is the year where mine real commitment will be tested, this is the year where I need to prove many things to many ones, and most importantly this is the year where I need to prove myself. There is more to everything that meets the eye..!! Overall a year that I look forward to with hope, happiness and a sense of destiny

How will this year be? Who knows! But what else can we do, except look to the New Year with hope and anticipation for a new beginning.

Happy New Year everyone......






1 comment:

  1. Good Post Shankar....
    Me 2 in blogspot.com

    http://kailashgajara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete